1. How We Collect Your InformationWe collect information, including nonpublic personal information when you:• register to use the Qoins Service;• process transactions through your Qoins account;• connect your social media account(s);• use one or all of Qoins’s services;• and communicate with us.We may also collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:• information about your transactions with others;• information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties;• and Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as credit bureaus.
Our Security Procedures We take all necessary steps to safeguard customer information. We restrict access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
1.1. Creating a Qoins Account.You must register to use the Qoins Service. When you choose to create an account, we are required to collect information, including your date of birth, social security number, email address, and phone number. You may decline to provide this information; however, doing so may prevent you from engaging with and using the Qoins Service.
1.2. Using the Qoins Service.We collect information from you as you use the Qoins Service, initiate a transaction, send payments, or otherwise engage with or use the Service.
1.3. Customer Support.We may collect information, including Personal Information, from you through your communications with our customer support team.
1.4. Mobile Device Information.We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services which may include the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information. We may also collect other device identification information for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud.
1.5. Location Data.If you have ‘background location’ turned on, the Qoins app will, from time to time, tell us about your device’s location even if you are not directly interacting with the application. When we have location information, we use it to tailor our Services for you and others, like helping reduce card fraud by matching your card activity with your location.
1.6. Cookies, Automatic Data Collection, and Related Technologies.When you visit the Qoins app, we and third parties that provide certain functionality on the Qoins Service may engage, receive and record information from your use of the Qoins Service and server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and similar technology. This information is used for security purposes to authenticate your identity and improve the quality of our services, such as storing your account preferences. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, or on our Website or Mobile App. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons: Pages of our Website, Mobile App, and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Qoins, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
2. How We Use Your InformationWe use the information we collect, including Personal Information, to:• Facilitate and improve the Qoins Service; and communicate with you.• Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations• Verify your identity and prevent fraud;• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; Allow you to access certain areas of our Website or Mobile App;• Register you as a member and develop your profile to enable you to take advantage of the personalized features of the Website or Mobile App;• Alert you to special offers, updated information, and other new services offered by third parties or by us;• To improve your user experience and the experience of other users of our Website;• Identify you as a poster or provider of communications or content.
2.1. Internal and Service-Related Usage.We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes and may provide it to third parties to allow us to facilitate the Qoins Service. We may use and retain any data we collect to provide and improve our services.
2.2. Communications.We may send emails to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance. We may store your email address, your message, and our response for quality insurance. We may also do this to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
2.3. Marketing.We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other individuals or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission. We also do not provide any Personal Information to any third-party ad networks. We may use your Personal Information and other information to communicate with you by email to provide you with information and services we think may be of interest to you.
2.4. Aggregate Data.We may cleanse and aggregate data collected through the Qoins Service and use it for any purpose. We do not consider information that has been cleansed to be Personal Information.We may share your information, including cleansed Personal Information:• with our third-party service providers;• to comply with legal obligations;• to protect and defend our rights and property;• and with your permission.
3. How We May Disclose Your InformationWe are permitted under law to disclose nonpublic information about you to other third parties in certain circumstances. For example, we may disclose nonpublic information about you to third parties to assist us in servicing your account with us. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone except as permitted by law. If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice.
3.1. Vendors and Service Providers.We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of the Qoins Service.
3.2. As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures.We may disclose your personal information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests, or protect yours', ours' or others' rights, property, or safety.
3.3. Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers.If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
4. Security of Your InformationWe take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure. By using the Qoins Service or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Qoins Service. If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Qoins Service or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. International UsersIf you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
7. Update Your Information or Pose a QuestionYou can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.You can also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete personal information except by also deleting your user account. You may not change or delete information in a way that would inhibit our rights under any services we may offer you. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
7.1. Modifying Your Information.If you are a registered user of the Qoins Service, you may modify your account settings and information through the Settings portal within the Service.
7.2. Deleting Your Qoins Account.You can delete your Qoins account through the Settings portal. When you delete your account, you will no longer be able to view your account or profile information, but we may continue to have access to your information for a period of time in order to comply with applicable legal or service obligations.
7.3. Data Retention.We will retain your account and associated information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Qoins Service. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreement.
8. Changes to Our Policy and Practices
8.1. Posting of Revised Policy.We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any change in how we use Personal Information, we will notify you by means of a notice on the Qoins Service prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
8.2. New Uses of Personal Information.From time to time, we may desire to use Personal Information for uses not previously disclosed in our Policy. If our practices change regarding previously collected Personal Information in a way that would be materially less restrictive than stated in the version of this Policy in effect at the time we collected the information, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice and obtain consent to any such uses as may be required by law.